Centre for Injury Prevention and Research, Bangladesh (CIPRB) is one of the leading organizations dedicated to public health research in Bangladesh. The Centre for Injury Prevention and Research Bangladesh (CIPRB) is seeking an experienced fundraising professional who can diversify and grow income streams for the organization and is able to effectively position drowning prevention as a multi sectoral issue that requires commitment and resourcing. We require a motivated fundraiser who is ready to make a real difference at an exciting time in CIPRB’s development. Position: Fundraising Specialist No. of vacancy: 01 Job location: Dhaka based with extensive field visit anywhere in Bangladesh/Barisal division Educational qualification: Master’s degree from any reputed university Experiences: At least 7 years of professional work experience in fundraising in a similar role, preferably in development programmes Responsibilities/Job description:
- Lead on the development and implementation of the organisational fundraising strategy, working with the Executive Director and Senior Management Team to develop a sustainable and diverse funding base. This will focus on grant fundraising, as well as identifying opportunities and innovations for generating core/unrestricted funding.
- Research opportunities and support the development of high quality proposals to grant-making bodies, both nationally and internationally.
- Review budgets and planning tools, such as logical frameworks, to ensure they meet donor criteria and are consistent with narrative proposals
- Support national and international partners to identify and respond to relevant funding opportunities for CIPRB’s programmes, with emphasis on global drowning and water safety – where appropriate, support the development of joint funding proposals, as required.
- Provide project and financial reports and other relevant information to global partners for reporting back on grants secured for CIPRB projects
- Undertake due diligence of local partners, e.g. sub-grantees, to ensure they have the necessary systems and processes in place to manage and report on grant funding – building capacity where necessary
- Work with staff to ensure compliance with conditions of grant funding and associated accountability, refining/developing new systems as appropriate
- Support activities and events that could offer opportunities for new donor engagement, e.g. public campaigns, information/advocacy forums, community events…etc.
- Work with communications staff to ensure the organisation’s website and external communications support fundraising efforts
- Work with staff to develop compelling case studies and extract data and evidence from projects to support proposal development and income generation efforts
- Refine/develop processes and systems to record, monitor and report back to senior management on funding strategy implementation and fundraising activities and achievements
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibilities of this job.
Person Specification : The post holder must be hard working, with excellent inter-personal skills and motivated by the opportunity to help reduce drowning and improve lives. Experience in the development and production of successful proposals to funders and reporting to funders is essential. The post holder will need excellent communications and IT skills, be prepared to undertake a wide-variety of tasks and to feel comfortable and confident when representing the organisation to a variety of external audiences. We are looking for someone who will think creatively and take a proactive approach to seeking potential funding from a range of sources. As a small organisation, we also need someone who has a ‘can do’ attitude and who will be flexible in performing a range of duties as and when they arise. Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential criteria
- At least 7 years’ experience of working in fundraising in a similar role
- Proven experience identifying funding opportunities from at least two of the following: institutional, statutory, research-based or corporate organisations, trusts and foundations
- Writing, coordinating and submitting successful funding applications for both short and multi-year projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Bangla.
- Excellent administration skills, highly efficient, able to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- IT literate with a strong command of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills and able to confidently speak to influential and high level stakeholders
- The ability to build relationships with funders, agents and colleagues in teams where appropriate.
- Willingness to travel and work unsociable hours occasionally.
- Well organised and able to manage own workload with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of injury prevention or drowning prevention.
- Experience of fundraising for an international development organisation
- Degree educated
- Experience of online and public fundraising
Salary and benefits: Monthly salary approximately Tk 1,00,000/- How to submit: Interested candidates are requested to apply with a detailed bio-data, one copy of JPG format passport size photo and a cover letter addressed to Executive Director, CIPRB by email at email@example.com. You can also send postal mail to CIPRB, House B 162, Road-23, New DOHS, Mohakhali, Dhaka -1206. Last date of application: 20 July 2017